How are you guys? I just wanted to THANK YOU for all your kind messages and your interest in my blog. You are sharing your most private secrets with me and asking for help in the most tricky situations, and I appreciate your trust in me SO MUCH!
Today, I’d like to share a message from one of my followers, Maggie. Maggie wants to ask her crush out, and she wants to learn more about cool ways to ASK A GUY OUT when you’re a girl. So, you ask, and Sue answers!
First of all, making the first step and asking a guy out IS TOTALLY ALL RIGHT and there’s nothing to be worried about. But I understand your concerns. We often think of how people will react if we ask them out and reveal our feelings, and many of us are afraid of being rejected. But there are some clever ways to break the ice and start a conversation with a guy you like WITHOUT STRESS, and I hope you find at least a couple that will work for you.
Firstly, you need to start the conversation somehow, right? Of course, you can just come up to your crush and say, “Hi, I’m Maggie!” But if you are looking for something less banal, there are a few witty pickup lines you can use.
- Is your name Google? Because you have everything I’ve been searching for.
- Can you take me to the doctor? I just broke my leg falling for you.
- Are you a bank loan? Because you got my interest.
Now that there’s no tension between you and you’ve gotten to know each other (and had a good laugh, he-he), you can think of how to actually ask your crush out. Here are several things you can do.
- Invite him to a party you’re going to. If you don’t know each other well yet, you may feel awkward on your first date. But if it’s a party with other people both of you already know, there’ll probably be less tension. During a party, you can find a time and place to talk to each other in private and get to know each other better.
- Find the right place and time. It’s a good idea to ask your crush out in a relaxed atmosphere. Just imagine if a person you didn’t know too well was trying to ask you out on a date while you were running down the school hallway, trying not to be late for your next class. Chances are you won’t remember this conversation 5 minutes later.
- Have a plan in mind. If your crush says, “Yes!” and asks you more questions about your upcoming date, be ready to share a cool plan in detail.
- Use an “extra ticket” strategy. If you don’t know how to invite your crush to the movies, just buy 2 tickets and say you have an “extra ticket” and ask him to be your date because your friend Ashley “couldn’t go and bailed on you.” This trick will help you feel less stressed.
- Ask him out to a place you know he’d like. If you already know something about your crush and his interests or hobbies, use this valuable information for good. Does he like Marvel or DC movies? Ask him out to a superhero flick. Does he like football? You can get together to watch a game. But make sure YOU ENJOY THIS ACTIVITY TOO! What’s the point of going on a date and being bored all the time?
- Send him a note. Good old paper notes are slowly fading away thanks to the phones we use 24/7 these days, but sending them can be so romantic! Stick a paper note to his textbook and wait for his reaction!
So, Maggie, I hope that these tips can help you ask Richie out and leads to you guys spending some wonderful time together. Let’s keep in touch! Keep me updated with how things are going between you and Richie.
Guys, what are your tricks for asking someone out? Tell me in the comments!